Friday, December 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Tallie!

So Sunday is my little sister Tallie's birthday and she's going to be 24! So I decided I wanted to post how much I love her! Growing up it was amazing we didn't kill each other. Although we did drop a TV on her violin because we were fighting over watching Star Trek the Next Generation or MASH (I know we had a strange childhood). There were typical sister rivalries like when I drew a line down the middle of our shared bedroom with tape, threatening her never to come on MY side of the room. And then there were times when we would be grounded to our bedroom till it was clean, but enstead of getting to work, we ended up staying in there for 2 days just playing with each other amidst the toys and clothes and who knows what. There were mutual backscratches where we both had to scratch each others backs for 15 minutes and after I got my entire allotted time, I conviently fell asleep 2 minutes into hers. Of course, I totally abused the older sister privileges. I would make her get me peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches, cereal or drinks of water late at night when we were supposed to be sleeping. (Although she did get me back a couple of times by putting toothpaste, or even worse, soap in my food/drinks as her funny way of getting back at my ordering her around.) We fought over clothes, cleaning the bedroom, her getting the pink stuff and me always getting stuck with the "boyish" blue colored toys. Yes, as kids...we were...well, kids. And I fully admit to being the big bully older sister. But sometime between high school and college something clicked. "Tom and Jerry" finally sat down and ate some ice cream together so-to-speak :) and now I honestly can say that that kid is one of my best friends in the world. She is downright hillarious and one of the only people that can still make me laugh till I cry or pee (preferably the former). She is always giving and always thinking about everyone else. Whether its spoiling her neices and nephews or shopping with her brothers (who completely owe their sense of style to her), she is always the first person to drop what she's doing for her family and friends. Sometimes I wish I could go back in time and be the cool older sister that let her little sister tag along with her friends or that alway watched out for her. I wish I would have been a better friend to her while we were young but I suppose kids are kids, and siblings are siblings. I guess all I can say now is I am grateful we've become the friends we are and Tal, I love ya. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

3 comments:

Sarah Bogh said...

i love your pictures on your header and of your kids! i can tell who did them, she has a cute style. so tell your sis happy birthday, that is my b-day too!! i love finding people with the same birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day Tallie!
Don't get me wrong, I have four amazing sisters that I wouldn't trade for anything, but this makes me wish WE were really sisters, too. :-)
And before I forget, Ryan has the Smith's contact info on his email, so if I don't remember to have him send it soon, yell at me.
Your last post for Jaq was so cute...what a smiley girl! And thanks to your kiddies for the sweet Christmas gifts for the girls. Lily is totally stoked about the princesses, so job well done!
And who did your family photos again, since I keep forgetting to ask you in person?

Marisa Jean said...

Reading this is like a flashback into my own childhood--especially when my older sister would make me bring her food. Weird how age seems to bring siblings closer together. My sister and I are like this now (my fingers are crossed).