I know once again I am late posting...but I wanted to include what we did for New Years. As is tradition for the last 3 or 4 years we celebrated the new year with one of our best friends, the Huffs! It was so fun. We ate till we were sick (cause most of us had some sort of resolutions that would be beginning the next day). And we stayed up playing games all night. Lily and Seth started out having their first sleepover...but it lasted about 2 minutes, when we decided no one was going to sleep until they were separated. Once the kids were asleep we played Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader all night (it seemed.) The game was kind of lame, but I did win the million dollars so I guess thats something (okay honestly all the answers were some pr-i-t-ty good guessing :) Anyways, once 12:30 came around, they were thinking of packing up and leaving back to Cedar. But after a little persuasive convincing that they'd have to wake up Lily in the cold and drive back to Cedar, they consented to having a slumber party for all! Wahoo. It was so cool to have friends where we would totally feel comfortable just telling them to crash on the floor and stay for a new years breakfast. And they did. We love them. Its going to be a sad day if they ever leave us (probably in May). But no worries, Im sure we'll stay friends for a long time. Seriously they're closer to us than a lot of family is. God has blessed us with AWESOME friends! Thanks Huffs for a fun night!
Sunday, January 18, 2009
New Years Eve Sleep over.
I know once again I am late posting...but I wanted to include what we did for New Years. As is tradition for the last 3 or 4 years we celebrated the new year with one of our best friends, the Huffs! It was so fun. We ate till we were sick (cause most of us had some sort of resolutions that would be beginning the next day). And we stayed up playing games all night. Lily and Seth started out having their first sleepover...but it lasted about 2 minutes, when we decided no one was going to sleep until they were separated. Once the kids were asleep we played Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader all night (it seemed.) The game was kind of lame, but I did win the million dollars so I guess thats something (okay honestly all the answers were some pr-i-t-ty good guessing :) Anyways, once 12:30 came around, they were thinking of packing up and leaving back to Cedar. But after a little persuasive convincing that they'd have to wake up Lily in the cold and drive back to Cedar, they consented to having a slumber party for all! Wahoo. It was so cool to have friends where we would totally feel comfortable just telling them to crash on the floor and stay for a new years breakfast. And they did. We love them. Its going to be a sad day if they ever leave us (probably in May). But no worries, Im sure we'll stay friends for a long time. Seriously they're closer to us than a lot of family is. God has blessed us with AWESOME friends! Thanks Huffs for a fun night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Aaaaawwwww....we love you guys!!
Tradition rocks. Thanks for letting us crash and feeding us yummy breakfast. It felt like a home away from home. It was cozy and comfy and we're still sorry our crying children kept everyone up all night!
If we do move away, we will find a way to continue, even if it's long distance. You are the totally best.
We love More I's!
Post a Comment