Friday, September 2, 2011

Happy birthday SETHERS!

Seth turned 5 on August 15! And man, did he count down every day to his birthday for the last month. We found this bike for him on KSL and even though he saw it, we tried to convince him it might not be for him (cause we wanted it to be a surprise). But I think he secretly wasn't buying it. Cause on his birthday he said, "see I knew that was MY new bike." The kid is way into Star Wars...okay obsessed with star wars, so it really wasn't difficult to shop for him this year. He sat down in one sitting and memorized how to play both the Darth Vader and Luke song on the piano (I dont know their real names but thats what we call them). He is constantly asking me questions about the storyline (cause of course he hasn't seen the movies) and I had no idea, so I finally had to borrow all the movies from my parents and Cordelle and I have been watching them to fill him in. And he is all for this game plan. Its hillarious to us. He totally understands they are parent movies and not kids movies but he still wants to know what happens. Matter of fact the other night he said, "Mom, I have an idea. When Jaq and me go to bed, you and Dad go downstairs and watch Star Wars. Then when I wake up, tell me what happened." He's just so cool like that. I overheard him tell Jaquelle, "Jaq when we watch Star Wars if there is a scary part or Darth Maul, then we have to go out cause only Mom can watch it. Okay Jaquelle? We dont want to watch Darth Maul cause he is scary and only Mom's can watch it." But he knows the storyline now and we are graced by the constant hum of Darth Vaders march everywhere we go (not excluding Sacrament meetings or other quiet places). Love that kid! Happy Birthday Seth!



1 comment:

Reagan Family said...

He is such a cute guy! And can I add that you are gorgeous! Seriously. And I think you are fantastic!