Friday, December 23, 2011

And they meet once again...


Remember that line from Despicable Me where it says, "I think he's nice." "And scary." "Yeah. . . Like Santa!"  That about sums up how my kids feel about this ultimate yearly encounter with the big guy.  This year it happened calmly at our ward Christmas party, but both my kids were all business.  Get on the man's lap, don't smile, name only the most important thing you want, grab the candy cane and get the heck out of there.  Jaq was easy but no one could hear her cause she barely whispers when she's nervous.  Her only request: a Rapunzel dress.  Done.  Seth on the other hand whipped out a new one for us, telling Santa he really wants a Darth Vader light saber.  Uh, what?  At this point people, we are COMPLETELY done with Christmas.  So where did this come from?  So I thought I'd just let is slide and shrug it off.  But no, for the next 2 weeks he tells everyone that is the ONE thing he wants for Christmas.  So even though I have already gone over the budgeted amount for him, do I cave or stick to my guns that he has enough? Any thoughts?  Oh come who am I kidding, I know I'll cave.  Even if I have to unwrap something and take it back to replace it. :) It's Christmas, right?

No comments: