So it was Cordelle's birthday and I had no idea what to do. Then it hit me how much fun we used to have mountain biking, PRE-kids. So I briefly looked up a southern utah trail and found a "moderate" one in Santa Clara. So I thought what the heck? Lets do it. Found a sitter for the kids, made Cordelle take a half day off work and we took our bikes down. Took a bit of 4 wheeling to get to the trail head but it was SUCH a perfect day to ride. Only we forgot helmets, and had we had known this would be what online calls a "technical" ride, we probably would have opted for something a little more chill. BUT I LOVED THE CHALLENGE. And challenging it was. I should have taken pictures of the parts when we were literally bouldering 4 foot boulders with our bikes and centering our pedals so they we wouldn't scrape or get caught on the other rocks around us. I would do it again in a heart beat. I think Cordelle had fun, but probably not as much as I did. Haha :) I can't believe we didn't have helmets and that neither one of us turfed it. I love and hope we continue to do things like this together.

Pics at the bottom of the mountain right outside of Santa Clara
And lastly we ended the evening with Papa Murphy's with Neal and Brittlyn and an MINT OREO pie. Have 33rd! I love this guy!
No comments:
Post a Comment