Sunday, February 14, 2016

Cody Clyde Morris debuts on Valentines Day 2016

Well here he is.  Cody Clyde (named after my dad).  Labor was awesome as usual.  I did have a few contractions of my own, but my water did break again with no real progress into labor so it was petocin and an epidural for me.  Love my epidurals.  I sat up, watched Cody come out in 3 painless pushes and loved it.  He was healthy and perfect.  Interestingly they couldn't get him to cry.  He was breathing, but I guess that big cry helps there lungs pop all the air bubbles on the aveoli or something?  Anyways they were patting him and rubbing his feet and trying all sorts of things but the kid would not cry.  So they ended up having to do some breathing treatment on him, which was fine.  And don't get me wrong, he did not hold onto that characteristic forever.  He definitely can scream with the best of them now.  I just thought that was interesting.  Anyhow, here are his stats.  7lbs 8oz. 21 inch. long.  Nursed really well right from the get go.  Probably the best nurser yet!  Here's to the next few LONG months ahead. 
















No comments: