Sunday, September 7, 2008

GRASSY business!




We have GRASS!  Whahoo!  Our summer dream is fulfilled.  It was a long time coming but doesnt it just make a house look like a home?  I never thought I'd be so excited for the green stuff.  But yea, that picture is where we're leaving our yard for the rest of the year.  Any more flowers, shrubbery or landscape will commence in the spring...cause uh, we're broke.  And here is a picture of our BABY corn and carrots.  Okay so pretty much we just stunk at watering our "experimental" garden, but next year when we have our REAL garden we'll have a better crop. FYI the corn was nasty tasting but the carrots are quite good.  Matter of fact its the only way I can get Seth to eat them.  He loves to go with his dad and dig them out of the ground.  He's funny though cause he carries them around with him, green stem and all and he looks like a mini Buggs Bunny. 
  Other than that we are just waiting around for this baby to pop out.  Im almost 38 weeks!  Oh yea, and there was a funny story I wanted to share about Seth.  We were walking through our kitchen heading outside to play when Seth walked by a pile of dirt I hadn't swept up.  He literally did a double take, turned around and said, "A Mess!"  He immediately went and got the broom out and "swept" up my mess (aka spread it even more all over).  But still, I realized how anal I have been about cleaning lately when my toddler gets distracted with cleaning a pile of dirt on his way to go play outside.  It made me laugh.  Hey at least he recognizes when things are messy.  Guess I should ease up a bit with the cleaning.

3 comments:

Marisa Jean said...

Yay for grass!!! And at 38 weeks! Holy crap. I want you to post a picture of you and your belly. I don't think I ever knew if it was a boy or girl you are having.

That story of Seth and the dirt totally cracks me up! Thanks for sharing it. I needed a good laugh today.

Lanae said...

Hey Wendy, I love the grass! Um, I just made my blog private, so let me know your email address and I can invite you, if you are interested...
Lanae

Landon and Mandi said...

Your house looks great!!