Sunday, October 5, 2008

It begins


So I have a lot of people ask me how Seth is doing with a baby around so I thought I'd share this funny story. Generally, the most attention Seth has given Jaquelle is a worried/concerned look when she is full out crying, or he wants to hold her for 1.2 seconds and then wants to put her back in the swing without help...dont worry we dont let him do it alone. Or he runs up to her gets right in her face and says "Hi baby" over and over again. So pretty cute, I thought. Pretty harmless and as for the jealousy factor....well it really hasnt even been one, so that was a big sigh of relief on my part. But the other day I was getting ready and once again I heard Seth saying "Hi baby" over and over again and I thought to myself I really shouldnt leave him alone with her in the same room, so I went to check on them. Jaquelle who was sound asleep in the crook of the couch was kind of fussing and moving around a bit. When I got closer I saw that seth who had been snacking on some cinnamon toast crunch cereal had pried open Jaquelle's mouth and stuck one in it while she was sleeping! Of course she being, what, days old, I was like BLA, Seth what are you doing? We then had the talk that NOTHING gets put in the baby's mouth. Why he picks this time to begin sharing is beyond me. I just thought to myself...here we go, life with two begins.

14 comments:

Lynnette said...

Congratulations on your little girl! Both your kids are absolutely adorable. That is such a funny story - you'll love having 2!

Michelle said...

I can totally picture Seth doing that! That is funny! Good luck! I would like to come and see you this week. I'll try to call you again.

Katelyn said...

They are so cute! Isn't it so fun?

Cambree has tried to share her food with Sydney many times. Luckily she has never actually gotten anything in her mouth.

Lanae said...

Wow Wendy, I'd love to swap stories, but I'm afraid that I would freak you out. I would love for that to have been what my two-year-old stuck in the babies mouth. We've kind of had a rough transition to two children...

Lanae said...

oh yeah, and don't forget to email me so I can invite you to our blog now that it's private...lanae_bug@hotmail.com

Michelle said...

Oh, that is hilarious! Such little helpers aren't they! Sometimes I am amazed that Logan has survived his 2 big brothers...Anyways, congrats on the beautiful baby girl! She's darling!

Jeanine said...

Thats funny. It is amazing that they wont share when you want them to and will share when they shouldn't. I am sure you will find many more funny things he is going to do! So cute.

Chelsea said...

Wendy, she's too cute! They both are. Congrats! I'm glad everything went great and you are a champ! You bounce back quick!!

Marisa Jean said...

Ah, at least he was trying to help. That's a good sign. Better than when I was a baby and my older brother was so jealous of me that he pushed me off the couch and then ran over my head with a toy tonka truck.

Scott and Haley said...

Congrats!!!! We here in the Burton house hold are a little partial to little girls so we are glad that you have yourselves are darling one!

We will be joining you in having a family of four come April.

Congrats once again she is beautiful.

Lindsay said...

what a cute story, it sounds like Seth likes her, I have heard of kids that ask their parents to send the new baby back to the hospital or Grandmas house. Good luck with managing both of your children, what an adventure!

Sarah Bogh said...

Hey!
so i'm a little behind on checking for your new baby pics, but HOORAY! Congratulations!! A Girl! i am so excited for you guys, she is so so so cute! and i love the name, how fun! did you announce that you were having a girl? i had it in my head that you were expecting a boy so i am very surprised and excited to see a girl, you'll have so much fun with her. congrats again!

KFinley said...

Congrats on the BEAUTIFUL baby girl! They are so cute together!

AngiDe said...

Dude, I didn't even know you were prego, let a lone already had the baby! CONGRAT'S on the new addition! She is so cute!! Where did you get the name from? So unique! I love it!
Hope you are adjusting well and enjoying the "pinkness" that comes with having a girl! So fun!

(((HUGS))) from my end!