Okay so S's bed for the past couple of weeks has been a twin mattress on the floor cause we needed the crib mattress (that was in his toddler bed) for J when we moved her into her own room. Well so I've been wanting a twin bed for S but they all have been too expensive. So C finally told me if I listened to Tradio for one week (its like a craiglist over the radio) and listened for a used one someone was just trying to get rid of for cheap and I still couldnt find one I could go buy one. So I listened and the first day within the first 15 minutes someone had one! Well its not bran new but its way durable and S couldnt care less and I think we paid like 20 bucks for it. So it wasnt my first pick but hey atleast he finally has a bed and his mattress is off the ground.
Now onto our bed...Back when we moved into our second apartment we went up north shopping for some badly needed dressers. Well we found some that we loved that were on clearance because someone had bought the other peices and bed probably that matched it. Anyways so we got a good deal on them but thought it was going to be impossible to ever find a bed that matches it. But then this last week we got some ad for Boulevard Home Furnishing and there it was a queen bed (thats the size matress we have) that matched almost perfectly to our dressers! So C did something very unprecedented and we just called them up and bought it on impulse. Those kind of purchases can be very scary especially since we hadnt ever really seen the bed except for in an AD. But once we got it we loved it and it made it all the more worth it that it was on sale! Anyways I dont know why Im taking so long to post the fact that we got new beds! But its fun.
2 comments:
I don't blame you for being excited about two new beds! Holy crap. I would kill for any slightly matching furniture let alone a bed that seems to match perfectly. Your master bed is beautiful. Way to be impulsive!
nice! i love your bed! i would and will be posting about a new bedroom set if we ever get one! we're still doing the old relative hand me down style around our place.
Post a Comment