This has been quite the week for Seth, I cant even believe the milestones he's hoppin to. First he had his first soccer game! (which his parents were ectactic about for obvious reasons). But in retrospect I'm beginning to think it was more for us, than for him with all this soccer buisness this early. Let me explain. Seth missed the soccer deadline age by 2 weeks. So they told us, if we agreed to coach, that they would let him play. So of course we're like, pishaw, of course we'll coach. Well Seth LOVES soccer. Cordelle made him some pvc pipe goals and they go out and practice and he's got a great kick and he's actually quite accurate.....so we're thinking yea, he's gonna be some protege' soccer kid....starting him out early he's gonna school all these older boys.....then we had our first game. Now Seth by nature is shy, but this game was crazy! He spent the entire time looking back and forth, making sure he didnt get hit, or nudged, or even tapped by anyone around him. Anytime the ball would come near him, he would BACK AWAY....matter of fact once it came to him when no one was around and he immediately looked over both shoulders to see where the rest of the team, and the other team, was running from and then got out of their way. But he loves being part of the game and the team and he still is actually quite good playing one on one or solo, so I'm convincing Cordelle to just stay positive but give him a couple years to grow into it. He is pretty much an entire year younger....maybe it was a little early.....Ah you live and learn i guess. So this year its a "being a part of a team, who has to pull all your weight" year. But as long as he still likes it maybe he'll grow out of being afraid of others taking the ball from him.

I know...it certainly won't be hard to find which team is his on the field. (and yes, I made him stand in a dark room, just to see if the uniforms were glow in the dark....they're not.)
Moving on....2 days before he turned 4....a momentous event happened. For weeks we took on and off the training wheels with lots of frustration. Then one day after watching some neighborhood boys he had me take them off again, but this time I wasnt allowed to touch him. So I coached him on how to kick off and try to balance but his balance usually lasted 2-3 seconds. So needless to say after about 2 weeks of this, when our friends came over and he told them he wanted to show them how he could ride his bike, this is all I thought he would be doing. Then out of nowhere he jumps on and just starts riding!!! It was such a proud moment for me and it was over a bike! Within 2 days he was going off curbs, standing up, going down driveways...he's so good and its so fun to go on bike rides with him. Anyways way to go Sethers!

Then of course Seth turned 4 (which I'll have a whole post about). And then lastly just today Seth came running frantically into my bathroom while I was getting ready shouting that he had written his own name, and sure enough there it was "Seth!" We've been tracing letters for weeks but he's never done it on his own....once again the mommy-pride-o-meter went skyrocket high and I just thought it was so remarkable. I dont know maybe most kids his age can write their name, but it was pretty cool for me to see. Anyways so he sure is growing up and so hillarious. He definitely is catching on to Cordelle's paranoia though, as he reminds me when we're biking to, "slow down on the hills so we dont crash and crack our heads open," and "slow down (while driving) so we dont get a ticket" and he NEVER forgets to remind me when I am not wearing my seat-belt. Its good to have a little conscience I suppose. I guess its better then having his big conscience of a father reminding me of all the safety precautions I should be taking. Gotta love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment