Monday, November 8, 2010

I forgot about this dreadful stage....

So we've had this bunk bed in the garage since the beginning of the summer for Jaquelle and now its finally getting colder so Cordelle wants to park in the garage again. (A garage for parking? Thats unheard of!) Anyways so he doesnt want to scrape off the frost in the mornings...yadda, yadda...so we moved Jaq out of her crib into the big girl bed! And the first 2 nights! SUCCESS! She didn't even realize that she didn't have to call for me to get her out anymore. It was bliss. Then one day she saw Seth jump onto her bed and then get down himself. And she followed suit. The next thing we know its like 30 minutes at bedtime putting her back in her bed over 45 TIMES (no exaggeration). And naps are simply NOT happening. Its a nightmare and I suddenly remember going through this with Seth, only he would at least lay in bed if you laid there with him. Not with the Diva, Miss Jaq. There is no rationalizing with her. And I'm not trying to be complicated with a 2 year old, just a little negotiation, like "dont get out of bed or I'll take your babies." But then comes screaming and gnashing of teeth and we're worse off then we started. Anyways, so bedtime's a nightmare and I find myself yearning for that crib and our peace of mind aka "sleep". I think I might secretly set it up tomorrow. We'll see. Super nanny says be consistent, dont say a word and just keep taking her back. Right now though, this is the best game Jaq's ever experienced. Suggestions anyone?

1 comment:

Marisa Jean said...

I know when I do this Jonathan just tells me that he's going to open the closet and let the monsters get me if I get out of bed. Ha ha...joking. I got nothin'.