Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Years !!

So this New Years Eve was different than any other year we've had. It was the first year we've ever had New Years just our family. It was kind of weird not being with family and friends, but we made the best of it. We had our NYE snacks like little smokies, popcorn, pop, etc...but we needed to do something truly celebratory SO...I got an orange and wrapped it with this silvery starry wire ribbon and stuck a big 2011 sign on the front of it, then I hung it with a string from our ceiling fan and right on the hour we had a count down and slowly lowered the ball to the ground. It then became a game who could lower the orange into a pot as it swung down from the fan.....overall it actually was quite the success. Now our kids were tired so our festivities ended at 7:00 enstead of 12, but it made for a fun night of games with just Cordelle and I cuz we put the kids to bed soo early....but we're old farts now I supposed cause we got tired and went to bed at 10! Lame eh? Cordelle woke up at midnight in that kind of sleepy, foggy phase, wondering what kind of riot was going on outside...only to remember that it was new years eve. :) We had a good laugh about that. Anyways, I hope this year is good for us. We've really been blessed but I have a ton of goals I really want to implement this year. So here's to that.





2 comments:

QNC said...

That whole using an orange as the new years ball is genius! Where did you come up with that? Being a mom sounds so fun.

Marisa Jean said...

I guess that means I'm an old fart too, because I was in bed at 10:00 that night also. And I don't regret one second of it. Love sleep!