Every year around Thanksgiving Cordelle's work has a little 5K run called the turkey trot. I totally thought I'd be pregnant this year so I never planned on running it. Then I hurt my knee real bad running so I was positive I would'nt run it. But like 2 weeks before I started really strengthening my knee and i was feeling pretty good, so I decided to just go for it. Cordelle had been sick with pleurisy a couple weeks earlier, (This nasty infection in the lining of his lungs that makes it very difficult and painful to breathe), so we decided he should'nt run it. Anyways I always get nervous, even though there were probably only like 12 of us...maybe 6-7 women total....but I won first in the womens and 5th overall. I think my final time was 25:38, which was like 2 minutes faster than last year...so I felt pretty good about it. It was FREEZING cold. The wind was blowing so hard and it was pretty miserable, but it felt so good to be running a race again, even if it was only a 5K. Here's the pics from it. ( I know, I know, I look like I just walked out of a magazine right? No make-up and sweats...nice)




Oh yea and the best part of all, I won a turkey!
No comments:
Post a Comment