 |
| Sometimes the princesses and the star wars characters do get along. On this day they all were lined up taking turns getting their picture taken on our piano bench. Seth had my phone and was taking pictures of one princess and one Star Wars guy together. Pretty entertaining. |
 |
| Cordelle is an awesome dad. Before General Conference he printed off this packet for the kids to color and play with during conference. And my kids LOVE to color and draw. They color and draw all day long. We have a sweet neighbor that visited us a few days before conference and told the kids he'd bring them something to color with for conference. He showed up with this huge pack of markers and little clip boards and I'll tell you, my kids did not move from their markers and conference packets the whole first session! |
 |
| This is what a bunch of stay at home moms do when they get all their kids together in the middle of the day. You have no idea how complicated this actually was. We hooked as many small bikes and wagons and kids together as we could and made ourselves a little train. Only one injury: Jaq fell off a bike and got drug 6 inches. But otherwise an afternoon success! |
 |
| Dancing. And of course she demands a picture any time she decides to. |
 |
| My kids go through fazes about what their favorite "treat" place is. Its Maggie Moos for a month, then snow cones, but on this night it was Arctic Circle. I hate this restaurant and their ice cream. But Cordelle loves it and its SUPER cheap so we end up there a lot. This night I just brought a long the camera and Jaq was being photogenic so I thought I'd snap a few. |
 |
| Jaq playing photographer. And no that is not a real scar on Seth's eye. I have a certain red/brown eye liner that if the kids ever come across they insist I put a scar over Seth's eye so he can be Anakin and two cheek dots on Jaq so she can be Queen Amadala like they were at halloween. |
 |
| One day Jaquelle was downstairs watching Beauty and the Beast and Cordelle went down and watched the end of it with her. During the credits he asked her if she wanted to dance with him like the Beast and Belle and so of course she did and LOVED it! So then in this picture she had remembered dancing with her dad and went downstairs put on her Belle dress up and came up reminding Cordelle of their dance and asking him to dance again. So this time I got the camera. So cute. |
 |
| Big Bear playing the piano. Thats right, our large stuffed animal bear is very originally named "Big Bear," |
These three pictures just make me laugh. She really is my little sour patch kid!
There are a couple of other funny things my kids do that I want to remember. For instance, we get a lot of packages for our wedding invitation business, so my kids see the UPS guy almost on a daily basis and he is like a celebrity to them. So much in fact that I'll often go downstairs and see my kids taping up boxes with a big U-P-S written on the top. They'll distinguish different doors where they will drop off the packages, knock and wait for someone to answer. Usually the boxes are filled with toys or left over invitations. But they love playing this game and I think its hilarious.
And then, one day I went down stairs and both Seth and Jaq were re-enacting as many disney shows as they could. I think I tried to video them, but I cant ever get blogger to update my videos well, so I'll just describe it. They got out a blanket and sang as much of Aladdin as they could remember. They acted out parts of the Little Mermaid, Belle and Beast Dancing, Ryder and Rapunzel scenes...I was actually quite impressed with how much of the movie lines they remembered. I love that Seth is on board with stuff like this. I think its sweet that Jaq is the princess and that he isn't too cool to play the prince or the princess counter part yet. There is nothing better than seeing your kids use their imaginations and playing something together....without fighting, or whining...:)
No comments:
Post a Comment