Sunday, December 6, 2009

Ah Seth!

Quick post cause aparently November/Thanksgiving was just like any old month/day and I have done nothing to documenting its actually taking place. But because it is now December and almost Christmas, I know it took place and will hence sum up my November as being full of average days with a side of JUMBO projects. Most of which have consumed sewing (yes, SEWING) scripture bags, and TWO QUEEN size levi blankets which are supposed to be given to my children for Christmas but because of the literal blood, cursing, time, hand cramps, quilting frame catastrophe, pin poking and shoe marks across my fabric incidents that have occurred in the creation of these blankets, I am seriously considering not giving them to them until they would fully be able to appreciate them; like when they are 80 and trying to crochet a comforter with arthritis hands and hemorrhoids or something, but by then they'll probably have crocheting machines that do it all for them, so they still wouldn't appreciate my determined hard work. Ah well. Pictures to come.

And here's something I just wanted to remember so I am including it here on the blog.

Seth: Mom you are such a good girl.
Me: Thanks Seth
Seth: You are such a good mom too.
Me: That is so nice Seth, thank you.
Seth: You are so pretty..... (and then a pause while he stares at me)... "See, you have hair."

Ah how nice it would be to think like a 3 year old and have the only requirement for being pretty be, having hair. :) Love that kid.

3 comments:

Kaycee said...

Love your blog! Where did November go??

Marisa Jean said...

Ha! Love the things your Seth says. The first quilt I ever attempted happened to be a levi quilt, which I can assure you, I will not attempt again until I'm feeling crazy. They are so thick and hard to sew, most people see blood, broken needles, and insanity when trying to make one. It's normal. Your kids will love them--so I say finish 'em!

Anonymous said...

Too cute!