Monday, May 23, 2011

My little brother Neal.


This past year my little brother Neal has been living with us, while he goes to SUU. I have seriously loved him being here. Its been so fun living vicariously through his college life, his relationship with Brittlyn and just to talk to someone about our family, politics or whatever comes up. I have always felt a deep connection to Neal and even since we were young, I have kind of looked out for him or over him. (Not that he really needs looking out for now) but I still will miss him asking for my advice or opinions on things, or talking to me about stuff he learns in school and pretending I still remember all that stuff. He'd better stay in good contact even though he's all grown up and married. :) This past weekend was his wedding and although everything was so beautiful and seriously amazing at his wedding and reception, I have really one regret. At the wedding dinner everyone was supposed to go around and tell people something about Brittlyn and Neal or offer them advice. And I was so wrapped up in trying to say something funny or clever that I feel like I really missed an opportunity to tell him what he's meant to me. It sucks that you can't get those moments back. I wish I would've just not cared at all what anyone thought I'd say or tried to be funny (which I wasn't) and just tell Neal thanks and that I loved doing his curly little hair when he was younger, or making him get me pb&j's in the middle of the night, going to his soccer/basketball games, scaring the pants off him as he came running down the stairs in the middle of the night singing the elements in the periodic table. :) He was my little buddy growing up and now I hope that he knows that I love him and he's really become a treasured friend.
Anyways, along with me, my kids learned to love him and here's a picture of him with Jaquelle and Seth one night that he was babysitting for us.

1 comment:

Marisa Jean said...

I have a million and a half regrets like that. Sometimes I actually think it's God's way of telling me that some of those need to be done in private. But that's just me--I seriously suck at speaking.